Monday, August 31, 2026

Hayden, Dolly, & Tim: A Love Letter

Well August definitely was brutal. Honestly, I can't seem to find the words for this blog post. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that all three of these incredible people are no longer with us. I grew up watching all three of them during my childhood: Hannah Montana, Bring It On: All or Nothing, The Wild Thornberrys to name a few. Sometimes I forget death is inevitable and that eventually we will have to say farewell to our favorite celebrities. Although they may not be here physically anymore, I do find comfort that their work and legacy will live forever. 


I saw the news about Hayden Panettiere passing from my bestie's Instagram story. I remember letting out the biggest gasp of my life because she was someone I never expected to see gone so soon. She was one of my childhood idols and one of my fav final girls in the Scream franchise. I always thought she was one of the coolest girls and learning that she came out as bisexual just a few months ago made me love her even more. Whether it was playing a fierce cheerleader onscreen or lending her voice to some of the most beloved animated characters, Hayden always gave it her all. Life is so unfair she should still be here with us today. Rest easy diva I hope you are reunited with your brother <3


When I woke up on August 25th, my grandma broke the news to me that Dolly Parton passed away. I was in denial for a bit after she told me and as the day progressed every single emotion hit me like a truck. Dolly was such a rare talent that we only get once in a lifetime. There was not a thing this wonderful woman couldn't do. Honestly I believe she was the closest thing we had to an angel here on Earth. I still remember being introduced to her on Hannah Montana as Aunt Dolly and this year I was just starting to dive more into her film work. I watched 9 to 5 for the first time back in March and let me tell you she was an absolute POWERHOUSE in that film!! She ate that role up no wonder it's one of her career defining ones. Also I will be baking her chocolate cake in honor of her sometime this week (I found the mix at Walmart on Friday and saw it as a sign). Thank you Dolly for sharing your talent with us and your wisdom which I will carry for the rest of my life. Rest comfortably sweet butterfly <3


The next day after the news of Dolly, my mom told me that Tim Curry passed away. I just shook my head in disbelief and looked at her like she was playing a mean joke on me. Tim Curry was such a special person to me I adored him so much. He was one of the main influential icons of my childhood. Almost all of my favorite shows/movies as a kid featured him in some way. I explored more of his mature works during my teen years. I still remember wearing my Pennywise shirt to choir practices and I regret donating it to this very day. During my senior year of high school, my choir teacher introduced us to The Rocky Horror Picture Show to prepare us for our Time Warp number in our show choir set. I fell in love with that strange queer film and I'm forever grateful that it was made in the first place. It would not be what it is without Tim. Not many actors today can take on the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter the way he did. Tim had such an incredible range when it came to acting. He always gave it his all no matter how big or small the role was which is what I have always loved about him. Thank you Tim Curry for everything. I can't imagine the welcome home party you had in the afterlife <3

1 comment:

  1. I was beyond upset when both Dolly and Tim died. Growing up in all parts of the south-- Dolly has been such a huge part of my life. Tim hit especially hard. IT (1990) has been my comfort movie for years, I watch it at least once a month. I miss them all :(

    ReplyDelete